Thread: New 17HMR
View Single Post
Old Fri, July 8th, 2011, 08:57 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

My friend has a 10-22 that he converted into a .17 and it's a hoot for using on those dang gophers.

My dad has a .17 Remington (centerfire .17) upper for his TC and it is absolutely stunning to shoot. He loads them quite "hot" so they are FAST.

Sweet little rifle, dude!

By the way, is that a GM product key fob I see in the second picture? TRAITOR!!!

A couple of my friends came out on Wednesday night and we blew some stuff up with Tannerite. I think we went through 7 or 8 lbs. of the stuff. I was shooting the rifle that my dad made for me back when I was 12 for my first hunting season. I haven't shot it since high school. I forgot just how sweet it is (and he always talked about how he wished he'd kept it). It's nothing special, but it's a Ruger M77 .243 that only weighs 6.5 lbs. I was only 4 feet tall at 12 years old and probably in the 70 lb. range.....so I needed a small rifle. I remember when any bullet over 75 grains in that rifle would just KILL my shoulder.