View Single Post
Old Wed, January 11th, 2012, 08:24 AM
God & Guns

rammertide07 is on a distinguished road

Good idea. I was going to either rig up an in cab LED to get power from the driver side of the relay (gets juices only when relay is engaged) or install a double circuit/single throw switch with an LED. I'd use the switch to control the PCM ground and "key on" power source of the relay and use the LED on the switch to light up only when the relay is engaged. That way I can turn off the glow plugs just before I start (if the batteries are getting drained) or if the engine and/or outside temperature is very warm.

To my understanding the glow plugs come on as long as the oil temperature is below 130*. So unless you just ran the truck, the glow plugs would come on every time you start the truck. Just seems like more wear on the glow plug system to me when the outside temps is 90*. Probably a waste of time in some peoples eyes, but I don't have much to do around where I live and I like to tinker with my truck.
01 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/3.73/315-75-16/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/4" turbo back exhaust/CCV Mod/DIY 6637/FPR Shimmed to 65 PSI/TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40T WITH Whsiper tune, 80DD, 100R, 140Ex, 140SS)/Replaced and Cleaned EBPS & Tube 4-6-12/Zoodad mod/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Cowl Hood/HPx