View Single Post
Old Sun, February 7th, 2010, 10:25 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
Way off topic but what would be the point of increasing the MFD map to over 100 at WOT? To me, it appears to be an easy way to indirectly increase the injector pulse width above and beyond what is commanded in the multiplier map. For instance, if your max MFD is 100 and it gets you a certain PW at a certain RPM/ICP, then increasing the MFD to 110 or higher will allow the PCM to calculate (using RPM/ICP) what the new, higher pulse width should be. It's a way to get the popping and stuttering that you hear in a lot of sled pulling videos too.

What do these numbers actually represent? The MFD map represents mg/stroke per injection event. It's a direct quantity.

Ohh boy........7 on 7.....that stuff will sneak up on you.......lots of stories started with that drink. You're telling me....I made 6 of them last night and drank them in about a half an hour. I slept good last night. I'd been awake for 31 hours since I couldn't sleep the night before.
Hope this info helps a bit.