View Single Post
Old Sat, July 9th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

AZFX4 is on a distinguished road

Autozone pulled no codes.

I tried emissions 2nd time, OBD still not ready. My buddy found a site on what to do for the drive cycle and it was from Ford Motor Company so I did that. Went back, but being I "failed" twice I got locked out of the system. I have to go through ADEQ, Enviromental Quality bs.. so I went to them, they checked after I did what was said for drive cycle and I'm still not ready.

My question is right now... is there anyway that being that I'm still tuned, it's not letting my computer relearn this? It's showing my EVAP monitor and EGR monitor isn't ready. The guy was cool and told me how EVAP is hard to get to read, but will come on first before EGR... he explained how to try to get it to come on was have gas at 1/2 tank and keep it there and drive city/highway... but it can't be under 1/2, but not to much over 1/2.... he told me a lady drove for 5 weeks and STILL wasn't ready. He even had his Expedition on the dyno and a scan tool measuring everything and had it perfect and it still didn't want to register it. I asked if I should just disconnect battery and redo it and he said no since I'm so close. I just need 1 more monitor to be ready for him to unlock it, then I can go down and try emissions. Not guaranteed to pass but it's my only way to see.

So can this get tagged and have Bill read this? I just need to know if it's possible the Gryphon being tuned still may be causing my computer to not be ready? I've got 6 days til it's due and either I keep driving for next few days and HOPE it clears, or reset it and put it back at stock. But then it's possible it takes even longer to get everything reading, ready.