View Single Post
Old Fri, December 23rd, 2011, 11:43 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

As you have realized, there is no reason to EVER build a full-on gasoline engine to tow with. Sure, it will kick the crap out of a diesel with similar torque numbers, but it's going to use 35 gallons of gasoline to feed 6000 RPM all the way up a 4-mile ascent.....if the engine even lives that long.

I don't hate diesels. I love them. I love my Powerstrokes. However, when people ask me how much torque they will get and that horsepower doesn't matter, I just give them the option to double the advertised horsepower rating....and be mindful of where the torque peak will be in the RPM range.

I think your dyno is a bit off. Your rear-wheel torque reading on a 100 HP tune should be in the neighborhood of 600 ft. lbs. Most stockers will run in the vicinity of 200 HP and 420 Ft. lbs. at the rear wheels.