Thread: vibration
View Single Post
Old Sat, August 28th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Double Whopper

jmwilso2 is on a distinguished road

Hi Jack, I'm still running the canned tunes I wanted to make sure all my bolt on mods were going to be staying before I get the customs written. If it is just intake drone why would it go away when set to stock or tranny only. I am seriously considering the gotts mod I would definitely do it if I had the chance to do it over again. I might call S&B to see if they'll take back the intake. I'm just having a hard time understanding why it only does it when there is load on the engine and set to 87 tow but under no other circumstances. Your idea that my first issue and the air intake issue are completely seperate sounds pretty likely to me now that I am thinking about it more. I am relatively certain that the vibration prior to the cai install was coming from around my feet and after the install it is higher up in the engine bay. I am also relatively confident that the loud noise after the cai install cannot be tranny because anything that loud coming out of there would have to affect drivability. So that leaves the question as to whether the original vibration was coming from the factory intake and is being amplified by the cai or if they are indeed seperate issues.

Thank you for the input I really appreciate any advice I can get about these things.

Joe