Thread: Pictures?
View Single Post
Old Tue, January 27th, 2009, 04:11 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Neal,

With the whisper mode, the timing actually goes retarded, not advanced, so a "windowed" motor is not the issue. What is, is severe lack of performance because with no timing the truck won't pull.

As to the "Economy" program issue, there is still a great deal of contention about that. Without getting into specifics, the issue seems to be most prevalent on vehicles with Stg. 2 injectors running that file. Customer have complained about excessive "rattle" along with other issues such as instability when switching to (or from) that file to other files on the chip. I've been asked be customers with ventilated blocks to peruse the calibrations on their chip and have found issues with that specific file. To that extent, I've done that best that I can to make the company aware of the specific nature of the issues. I'm sure they are working them out and would hope that will be the end of it.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!