View Single Post
Old Fri, January 1st, 2010, 02:41 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

On some older vehicles, we occasionally see a communications issue cause by what is conceivably a timing drift in the communications circuits. This causes the programmer to have difficulty in communicating with the PCM.

To date, I've only had 2 (maybe 3) '97/'98 F-150s that had difficulty programming and the better option for them was to go with a chip instead.

I want to note that we have also seen this issue on the '94-'97 trucks which is why the Evolution (and subsequently the Gryphon) had not been released for those models. It seems that the issue lies specifically with 2-Bank, 88K or 112K PCMs. The '97 and early '98 PCMs are, in fact, 112K memory which classifies them under the old hardware. Again, the older F-150s seem to have MUCH less of a problem with this and as such I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!