View Single Post
Old Thu, October 28th, 2021, 07:27 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The FE has always been my favorite. My first pickup (purchased in 1993 for $400) had a worn-out 352 and it was indestructible and pretty impressive power-wise. I re-ringed and re-bearinged it in 1995 along with a new piston (you're supposed to make sure they don't hit the floor when popping them out, right?) and left it that way through mid-year 1998 when I rebuilt a 390 for it while on military leave.

I've rebuilt a few since then, mostly turning 360s and 2v 390s into 4v 390s. I've yet to do anything considered "exotic" with one like you have here....and those exhaust manifolds are the balls!

I have another 352 here that needs a home. It's downright eye-opening that the only difference between one of those and a legitimate boat anchor 360 is 0.050" worth of bore and a lot of deck clearance.

Amazing what squish will do.

Oh, I see you called yesterday too. Sorry I wasn't around the phone and I got so busy today that I forgot to try you back.