View Single Post
Old Thu, August 4th, 2011, 12:29 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootballz View Post
Anyone else been strugling like have to get the tunes right on their truck. It took me 3 months to get tunes from PHP for my CTS. I ordered custom tunes because I have after market products on my motor and need the tunes built for what I have. Well I was sent the PHP canned tunes, my truck smokes like a freight train, tows super hot EGT's and I cant get anyone at PHP to help me. I just get blown off by Cody when I call. Ive emailed Bill twice and called over twenty times. Any suggestions for me to try and get throught to Bill?
First... As Cody indicated, he did NOT blow you off. He does not tune 6.0L's and is not familiar with what's involved with tuning for injectors on those calibrations. The only thing he could do was to forward the issue to me. He let me know what problems you were experiencing and I just haven't had a chance to go back to see where we might make any adjustments.

I'm sure I've missed phone calls from you, and some days it goes like that. Other days I can answer every phone call that comes through and call back everyone on my call list. I'm sure you understand that I can't answer two calls at the same time, and many of my calls can have me on the phone for 30 minutes or longer. Unfortunately, this severely limits the number of calls I can normally take during the day, although I'm always happy to schedule a callback when customers need to speak directly with me, even if it is 9:00 or 10:00 at night. As for any e-mails you'd sent, the last one I received from you was on 06/08 indicating that you had finished updating your device in Fusion and were ready to load your custom files. I don't have anything further from you. We've posted time and again about the lack of reliability with our e-mail due to server blacklists, spam blockers, and whatever else gets thrown around on the internet, so it's not a horrible surprise to have e-mails go missing. The Forum is usually the best place to contact us as there are a number of people that can bring issues to our attention and either Cody, Corey, or I can then work to resolve them.

Second... You were most definitely NOT sent any canned tunes. You ordered custom tunes for high-flow injectors (for which I can't get any specs on because Dynomite won't tell anyone anything) and we built the tunes for what we would have normally expected the flow rates and nozzles sizes to be. Obviously, there is some disparity between what we'd estimated and what your injectors actually flow and there's no problem with adjusting the tunes.

Third (and I really don't mean this to sound insulting)... You installed bigger injectors. What did you expect? More fuel is going to translate into more smoke and more heat. Without turbo mods to move more air, you're not going to be able to fully utilize a larger set of injectors. We've had to detune the calibrations already to tone down the fueling. All we can do is further detune the calibrations to the point that you are basically running fuel volumes that are close to stock.

In comparison, if we install Stage 2's or 3's in a 7.3L truck, it's going to be understood that air induction upgrades are in order or you're going to suffer high EGTs. Stage 1's are less critical because of the fact that they run stock nozzles and fuel control is less of a concern, and even Stage 2's can be detuned to run very similar to a stock injector, but then you're running close to stock power as well. I'm more than happy to turn the fuel down further to get your EGTs into a more manageable range, but don't expect much more than you'd get with stock injectors.

As I said, we'll be happy to correct the tuning. If you could provide me with a little more information as to the concerns with each program we can get it taken care of. If you'd like to speak with me, just let me know what time is convenient and I'll be happy to schedule a call with you. (Note: I will not be available until 8:00 pm this evening. Any time tomorrow will be fine, too.)

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!