Thread: Little help..
View Single Post
Old Fri, January 8th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Double Whopper

bamboo is on a distinguished road
Help Little help..

Couple questions here..

First I Got a low end ticking sound, That I fear might be related to my exhaust leaks, But Im not sure..
I only hear it between 1300-1800RPM or so normally when the turbo is not lit
I've got about 3 leaks in the exhaust, one in the welds on the downpipe, 1 in the welds from the downpipe to mid section, And another one to the Y for my duals..I want to chew out the guy I had weld it, But I dont think that will get me any where..

Anybody think this could be the culprit for the lowend sounds..? I still can make 26lbs boost with my AD code's and superduty turbo
But this sound is driving me nuts..

Second question, How does one perform a compression test? a true one, not with a scanner, This would tell me for sure if my engine was tired/dusted correct? and in return guide me to look for a new engine and stop throwing money at this thing..

3rd, I decided to pull the ICP sensor thinking maybe it was bad and could be apart of my problems( I still throw a P1211) under WOT this is with a 17* pump, and my AD's
It did change Idle for a second, So I assume its still working properly ?? got a CEL, also Set my fuel filter light off, which I have plugged
Seem like normal operation ?

Mahalo for any advice
-Patch