View Single Post
Old Thu, March 24th, 2011, 08:33 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy View Post
I will be using an X or H

and Jack I asked the question about which tunes because I really don't know, 87 89 and 93 are all readly available around here, but I get your point about 93.

I plan on using the 89 performance for my daily driving. Towing right now mind you is in 3rd gear running about 60-65 down the highway is usually between 3k -4k rpms, but thats without the dual exhaust and running those new 35's I got, I don't suppose I should regear it do ya? to a 4.10 or 4.56
Those RPM numbers seem high to me. and I'm puzzled, because with 35" tires, they should be lower than that. I'd guess in the 2K range. Putting in higher gears is going to increase your RPMs. So, I'm confused, and probably not seeing something properly. I can't believe you're cruising with the Torque Converter unlocked, which might boost the RPMs to the 3K range, or possibly even higher if you're towing a huge load.

What weight are you towing? If you tow really big loads, then a regear is probably a good idea. I will say the 35" tires have reduced your effective gear ratio to a "non-tow" setup though.

- Jack