Thread: PLEASE READ
View Single Post
Old Sun, December 14th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
As someone who believes so strongly in the power of prayer, I wanted to post this so that everyone who reads this can say a word directly to The Big Guy or send out positive energy into the universe or whatever it is that you do in your household...

Bill and Wil are at BDP for a dyno event. I kept trying to call earlier with no results. After the tenth try or so, Bill finally picked up his phone. Imagine my surprise when, through chattering teeth, he told me that he and others had just fished a guy out of a creek.

Here is what I was told:

Bill said that they heard the vehicle before the accident (nitrous, I think) and some guys looked up to check it out. The driver got to a point where he was out of sight, and they heard the accident. Bill said that driver lost control, and the GTO hit a tree and was split in half. The driver wasn't wearing his seatbelt and was thrown. Last I heard, the guy had a broken leg, a "hole in his face," and possible back injuries. Bill said he was able to tell them his name, address, etc. The passenger was wearing his belt and stayed with the front half of the car. From what I understand, he's only got minor injuries.

Must've been pretty bad -- Bill had to go buy some new clothes (he gave the guy his own socks!) and stopped by the hotel to wash the blood off himself.

Please keep the driver and passenger in your prayers and thank God that he put the right people at the event to help the injured. (I believe one of the gentlemen was an EMT.)

He dynoed and made 307hp. He got ****y I guess took someone for a ride and was doing burnouts on a small side road. He was hittin the rev limiter the whole way down the road just pushin it for all it had. I think he had spray too. Anyway, he lost control and hit one tree. Not in pic. And hit that other small one where the other part of the car was. First pic. It ripped the car in half and sent both of them sailing into the creek below. Big boom. Everyone ran to see what happened. By the time I got there, a few people were already trying to keep his head above the water. He kept on saying that he didnt know what happened and he coulndt figure out why he was in the creek.
Update 12-14-2008 from Ryan Bean of Bean's Diesel Performance:

On the GTO, Jason (driver) looks like he will be ok. He has a busted leg, broke pelvic bone, busted ribs and a punctured lung. He has a long recovery ahead but looks to be ok. He is one lucky sob, the car was absolutly trashed how he was still in one peice is crazy. Goes to show we all need to be careful when getting crazy on the street. We built a burnout pad at out shop so we could keep people safer and off the street just for this reason.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019