View Single Post
Old Thu, June 21st, 2012, 07:53 PM
Whopper

Fl Mach 1 is on a distinguished road
Well,

Got my FICM programmer on Tuesday and was able to hook it up to the truck yesterday and start playing around with it. I started with the Atlas 40 tune and will run it for a while and then put the Econ tune and compare the two.

Its only been a day and half but I am extremely happy. The MPG when using the lie-o-meter are up, when comparing them to the original tune. We are taking a trip on Saturday and heading from FL to east TN and back. I'll do some mileage calculations and let everyone know if there is any difference there. There is a huge difference in when driving the truck. More power, especially when leaving a stop light or pulling out into traffic.

Earlier this year I did a bunch of work on the truck, replaced the oil cooler, cleaned the turbo, EGR delete and replaced a busted Y pipe. That work, especially the Y pipe, made the truck pretty fun to drive but now it is really fun.

After we get back from vacation I am going to see about doing an ECM rollback and see what gains that may net me.

If you're on the fence about the FICM tuning I would say do it, it's worth every penny.