View Single Post
Old Wed, September 7th, 2011, 08:41 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907DAVE View Post
Now if only there was a better tool for popping the injectors out I could save a ton of time. That stupid OTC tool and a screwdriver cannot be the most efficient way of doing it.
If you want, I can send you an old injector line I modified that you can grab onto while twisting and pulling....also I weld a lip onto the big end so one can use a 10 inch prybar and use a rocker shaft bolt to pry against. I've got at least a dozen extra lines, so it's no problem to send one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907DAVE
I am surprised it ran as well as it did, only complaint on my RO was a haze at idle, otherwise ran fine.
Yep, underfuel at idle (white haze) and then the severe overcorrection at all other times.....

It's amazing how one of these trucks can overfuel when all of the inlets are plugged solid. The one I did previous to this one had so much crap in there that it was nearly level with the top...but you couldn't keep it from fogging out the whole highway when rolling into it.

Oh well. Money in my pocket and a happy local since he can drive his truck again. The next one I do I will be sure to let the customer know that if he wants to go "cheap" on the injectors by buying them somewhere besides GM, I will charge extra if I have to tear it apart again. NAPA won't reimburse my additional time to go back into the even bank to replace one of their faulty injectors that lasted about 5 minutes. I won't even worry about actual Bosch remans from GM. Dozens and dozens of those and I have NEVER had a problem.