View Single Post
Old Fri, May 4th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Double Whopper

INFRNL is on a distinguished road
Default Can of worms, need upgrade opinions please

I had an original game plan of getting stage 1 injectors and not modding thereafter. Then Bill comes in to add his thoughts. So after I talked to Bill I started getting the itch.

I wanted stage 1's; Bill recommends larger and detuning the injectors to allow for any future upgrades. This makes sense.
So now I am thinking stage 3/hybrids. Maybe 238/100?

My truck is an 03 with PMR's. I want to be able to tow up to 15K on occasion without knowing I'm towing ( I think thats how some put it) My truck is mainly DD and also want the extra power for those rare times when I want to mess around. Would also like to try and gain some fuel mileage if easy on the pedal; if possible.

Since my talk with Bill, I have been thinking about upgrading my turbo. Many say 38R is plenty, others say H2E(or modded) or WOP QSSB or GQSSB. I was thinking of going with a H2E or modded as they are tried and true; however some say the WOP might be better cause of less lag.
Maybe I am just starting to go overboard, not sure. I am liking the options with H2E or WOP.

I do not have current plans for forged rods, but maybe later down the road. I also have to figure out where my boost has gone. I need to make sure my truck is near 100%before future upgrades.
Oh, I will be getting a full BTS tranny installed on June 1st as well; so tranny will not be an issue.

Any thoughts on injectors and mostly turbo would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Nexus Guages (TT,FP,BP,EGT), 4"MBRP Exhaust. Coolant filtration system,203*stat and billet housing, AIH delete, HP X-Over line. (Baldwin PA2818) Bellowed up-pipes; TN Turbo(non-BB), BTS VB, In-Tank mods. RR FRx & Boots. 6.0Tranny Cooler