View Single Post
Old Fri, May 4th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Double Whopper

INFRNL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammertide07 View Post
This thread got me doing some research, and is like to throw in a question or 2.

Running stage 3 238cc to full potential, is there other modifications to be considered such as head studs? Also would like input on EBP. More exhaust will make more back pressure. At what point would you be concerned of the exhaust pressure overcoming the valve spring? I guess that would be another upgrade to consider as well as push rods?
For now Bill mentioned detuning the injectors to keep the truck safe with PMR's, but would allow for any future upgrades. This way i do not have to keep getting new injectors and wasting money for each upgrade.

Right now I want to keep the pmr's and everything the way it is, but I cannot tell you what my crazy thoughts will do in time. I currently have everything in my sig. Not right now, but maybe in the future we could do head studs, springs, rods, push rods, etc. I imagine that will be costly.

Honestly I might end up happy with the max safe level on PMR's (400ish)
I am in the learning process about all of this and is kind of why I am looking for advise. I do not know what my EBP is, but I am going to try and figure it out on AE that just arrived today.

If you remember from TDS, I am having a loss of boost. I am going to dig into it and try to check the truck over with AE. I need to figure out how to use it and what to look for

Also keep in mind that I live at 6500ft which apparently can create issues with bigger turbos

Thanks for any help. Let me know if you need more info from me to be able to help. Thanks
Nexus Guages (TT,FP,BP,EGT), 4"MBRP Exhaust. Coolant filtration system,203*stat and billet housing, AIH delete, HP X-Over line. (Baldwin PA2818) Bellowed up-pipes; TN Turbo(non-BB), BTS VB, In-Tank mods. RR FRx & Boots. 6.0Tranny Cooler