View Single Post
Old Sat, May 5th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Double Whopper

INFRNL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammertide07 View Post
If I do have pmr's, I'm gonna save my lunch money until I can take it to the PHP shop and have them install forged rods, springs, rods, turbo injectors, fuel system, and maybe bigger hpop.
Whats this going to set you back? That sounds like an expensive trip/project.
I was thinking about upgrading my turbo which is what I am trying to figure out and possibly stopping at PHP to get injectors installed after I get the tranny installed. Can have Bill redo my tunes as well. I do not know that I have enough cash saved up for all of that though.
I just do not want to get injectors, reburn, upgrade turbo...reburn, etc. I would like to get turbo and injectors then reburn at one time, plus possibly live tuning. It may just be a dream, but would be nice to do since I will be half way there.

I currently have $12K saved for the trip, but that will not go far when the tranny takes approx $5k of that. I might have to call Bill back on Tuesday and see what his thoughts are. I would love for Bill to do the work and help me figure out my Boost issue.
I can only get 20-22 lbs on DP 80E setting and I have confirmed that is accurate from running AE on a test run.

I am trying to figure out what to test and look for exactly using AE. I ran the buzz test, contribution and came back clean, ran the glow plug test for fun with no issues.
I tried testing HPOP, ICP and I think I am good. I get no codes except the AIH I removed and I currently have EBPV disconnected so I get a code for that.

I do not know how to test back pressure, but the BP in AE stays 1-2pts from Manifold Absolute Pressure. on WOT they will get into the high 30's. cant get data logging to work, need to get that figured out.

I have tested many times and looked, but I do not detect any boost or exhaust leaks at all. I have noticed, since my testing all started; when I really get on it and let off when I hit 1200+ deg, the truck will run rough, buck, studder or however you want to put it. I do not know if thats an issue with the DP chip.
I will have my FU on Tuesday so I will do some new tests with new chip installed.

If I am reading things right, My ICP pressure will get up to around 2800psi when I get on it, I think thats due to DP tunes. I believe PHP tunes will yield higher pressure IIRC.

As far as I can tell, everything seems normal, except I am low on boost. I did notice today it took longet to hit 1200+ deg, not sure why but I am not complaining. Still gets up there quick though. I think tonight I got it to 60mph or so before 1200ish. During my recent testing, I would only make it to 50mph.
Nexus Guages (TT,FP,BP,EGT), 4"MBRP Exhaust. Coolant filtration system,203*stat and billet housing, AIH delete, HP X-Over line. (Baldwin PA2818) Bellowed up-pipes; TN Turbo(non-BB), BTS VB, In-Tank mods. RR FRx & Boots. 6.0Tranny Cooler