View Single Post
Old Sun, May 6th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Double Whopper

INFRNL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammertide07 View Post
I'll probably start talking to them when I hit 10k in the bank. I got 7k now but I'm doing some more spending on some truck maint. between now and then. Plus I'm house hunting so that could set me back 4-6k out of pocket depending on financing. But I have been looking for a house for little over a yr.

If I have my truck there and having them do all of that work, i will deffinately have them live tune it. I've already made one trip over that way. It's really not too too far when I'm back home in Alabama. Plus my dad is always traveling over that way. We can drop the truck off and spend some time up in Helen GA while they work on it.
wow, thats a good chunk of change. Sound like you have quite a bit going on.
I have some bills I want to pay off this yr and the wife wants to move withing the next 2-3 yrs.
I am not sure how crazy I want to get yet. I know I want injectors and I now need a new turbo. My exhaust impeller broke 2 fins and has some add play now. Weird thing is I put the stocker back on today and hit 23 lbs on 80e setting; so I might be back to normal on boost. I could not hit that much before.

I might just max out my pmr's and later when I need engine work, I can do the necessary upgrades for more power. Or I can sometime buy a new forged rod block, IDK.
Right now my main focus is to try and figure out what I want and get the injectors and turbo figured out.
I was thinking modded h2e or Gqqsb, but after some reading, many are going with other turbos. ie s3xx, s4xx, so I am really lost now.

I honestly do not know what a 400hp truck feels like and I could very well be happy at that power point. Thats a couple hundred more than I have now which should be a significant difference. Will have to make some calls for recommendations this week.
Nexus Guages (TT,FP,BP,EGT), 4"MBRP Exhaust. Coolant filtration system,203*stat and billet housing, AIH delete, HP X-Over line. (Baldwin PA2818) Bellowed up-pipes; TN Turbo(non-BB), BTS VB, In-Tank mods. RR FRx & Boots. 6.0Tranny Cooler