Thread: First Post
View Single Post
Old Sun, December 28th, 2008, 09:58 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfishrmn View Post
Just a thought on this. The color match is good unless you have the tan interior, then if you want it to match you'll have to do some seaching to find a match that does not cost $50 a can. I found some at Gladwin Paints that is real close but not exact. It would be good to offer that color as an option if possible. Other than that small detail the Gryphon is a great unit that would not give up for anything.
Interesting! My truck has what I would call a "tan" interior (it's a King Ranch and much of the plastic in the dash is tan), but the part that the Gryphon snaps onto is a titanium grey, and the pod matches that area nearly perfectly.

There are a couple of pictures of mine on the PHP website - the ones that show a green display and a dash hood that looks sort of like it's covered in football leather.

Back on the f150 forums, I saw a picture of a pod that someone had painted to match the tan part of the dash, and it was a good match, but as I remember, it was sitting on the grey section. I personally feel the metallic grey color is better.

As far as I know, the pod comes only in the grey color for late model trucks. It used to be black.

- Jack