View Single Post
Old Wed, October 17th, 2012, 12:55 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by *fx4texasgirl* View Post
THANKS! I tried looking at their site but they have so many names for all the downloads and so many warnings that Im very reluctant. Im not even sure what edge I have right now.

JackandJanet--I did search the posts on this forum already though, and found a problem similar to mine. You and others suggested that he change the torque converter lockup up and down (Im paraphrasing). this made his problem go away.

You may not remember the post. Ill try to find it.
No, I DID remember it, but I didn't connect his problem with yours until just now, which is why I asked for clarification. It won't hurt to try adjusting the TC lock/unlock points. I've set mine all to the "low" max points, because I want the TC to lock quickly and to resist unlocking as speed drops in order to save gas. I did the same thing with the part throttle shift points - I want the truck in the highest gear as much as possible.

Now, that may not be what you want, since you do a lot of offroading. You may find things work better if you raise these settings, which should give you more power. Make small changes and see what the effect is. Looking at your pictures, you've probably put larger tires on, and keeping the truck in a lower gear longer should work better for you.

- Jack