View Single Post
Old Tue, January 12th, 2021, 07:43 PM
Whopper

pwerwagn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Jeff,

Being that I am not 100% certain what the MP8 affects in the system, I would NOT recommend trying to combine the MP8 and the FICM tuning. I'd assume that it's modifying the ICP signal as this is what most aftermarket devices do. The Atlas tuning does not respond well to any external influences to the ICP signal values, either by mechanically/electrically altering the signal (ie. resistors, signal modifier boxes, etc.) or by changing the interpreted value in the ECM (ie. spoofing the A/D Converter values in the code). This leads to the undesired effect of artificially raising the Injection Pulsewidth by making the FICM think the ICP is falling. This is generally not a good thing.

There is no reason you couldn't run the Atlas 40, and in fact I've used it on many trucks already without issue. The tuning is very similar to that which is available for the Power Stroke, but just slightly modified for compatibility with the Navistar control systems.

In regards to the fans... depending on the diameter, the setup I was considering was actually six fans. 3 fans for the split radiator and 3 fans for the intercooler. Small diameter, low profile, high RPM fans would be great as the current draw is low and you could stage them using electric thermostats. Anyway, that was my thoughts.

I hope this is helpful.
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I’ll do some measuring and knock something out in solidworks for different fan ideas.

This MP8 is supposed to add 100hp. I can’t find much info about the MP8 and real dyno results. Is 100hp feasible by just manipulating the ICP? I assume the FICM tune will add a lot of drive ability (and MUCH needed low end spool) that would offset the potential power loss from not running the Mp8? Or do you have a safe tow tune/FICM tune combo that could improve over this ICP fooling box (when talking peak hp, I’m sure a real ecm/FICM tune will be better overall)?

Jeff

By the way, if you’d prefer to talk on the phone I’m down for that too. I’ve just had such a hard time finding any info about the VT that I thought having the info out here might be beneficial. There are quite a few guys with these motorhomes looking for tunes besides me (and they all run the MP8 it seems).