View Single Post
Old Mon, February 22nd, 2021, 03:17 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
I've watched your videos numerous times. Do you still have that engine?

I thought about buying a pre-made stand but.....well.....$$$$ really didn't trump my time and spare metal. Also, Fords need a bellhousing attached anyway for starter mounting and this will just run Fords so the bellhousing to transmission bolts will always be in the same spot (again, just stuff laying around - bellhousings galore around here) so I figured I'd only need the adjustable engine mount perches.

I have a fuel cell coming and a few gauges on the way.

Yes, big casters on the way too. I only have it on stands right now so I can work comfortably at chest height.

I'm into it a day and a half and about $210 so far not counting the scrap metal and 22 year old ignition/fuel injection parts.
Yeah, that's where it's handing having a scrap pile to pull from. I don't really have that luxury, so I'd end up with a fortune just in steel alone.

To answer your question, yes... I still have that engine. It's supposed to go into the Fairlane, but I have so little time to play with the car. I'm kinda looking for roller that's in a little better shape than the one I have. There's enough stuff to choose from around here, but I'm pretty picky and haven't found just the right deal.

I'd put it in the Bronco, but a 289 just isn't going to be torquey enough to really get it going and I know I won't be happy with it. Something smaller and lighter would be a good fit for the 289. Another Fairlane that isn't quite so rusted out, or maybe a Falcon. I'm not super big on Mustangs, and they're pricey as hell as it is. Out there somewhere, I'm sure there's just the ticket for me.

Anyway, interested in watching this project come along.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!