View Single Post
Old Wed, December 2nd, 2009, 07:42 AM
electro-mechanical geek

eabrust is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Dan,

The problem is not the programmer, the problem is the base calibrations in your truck. Ford continues to hack away at the ECM and FICM strategies until the truck no longer performs properly. The latest round of ECM and FICM strategies has resulted in such a sad state of performance that even a programmer is not able to really help.

At this point, your only solution is to "roll back" your ECM strategy and run a modified FICM strategy. This should not only get you back to where you were, but should also let you programmer function correctly again, providing the power it was designed to make.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Hi Bill!
Can you explain a little more on how the ECM and FICM strategy is or isn't part of the tuning programs for my own understanding? I guess what I'm curious about, is if I get a Gryphon with a custom tune, and I already have a tuned FICM (which still needs some help from you by the way... please please please ), does the custom tune over-ride everything about the Ford strategy in the ECM, or does it just change parts of it and table values? So ultimately, does the level of impact of the FICM and custom tune depend on what strategy the truck has currently (latest Ford stuff being the worst?)?

If it is the case where level of tuning improvements depend on strategy, how does one "roll back" strategies if Ford won't do it? Can you do it somehow, or does one have to go junk yard hunting for old, untouched ECMs?

Thanks for any input, I'm just trying to understand how all this works and what I can expect before I go after further custom tuning. I have installed a plain old Edge Evo, and it helps, but it also affects the truck's cold running symptoms negatively (but not as bad as the updated FICM), and am also curious if that is a strategy based thing or not, or just a general side effect of the tuning and injection maps.

Regards,
eric
EGR deleted
Bypass coolant and oil filters
4" Turboback