Thread: Aaannnddd POP!
View Single Post
Old Tue, June 7th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

I'm a little past due... but its update time!

Originally planned to be running last Wednesday night, it got bumped back to running on Friday night at about 11pm. Really runs great and I can't complain so far but there's only about 100 miles on it yet. The only change from the build listed earlier is that I decided to do a minor port/polish to the heads(not a first, but for a 7.3 yes) since they were going to be getting some machining for re-surfacing and cleaned up after that anyway. I don't remember this thing moving the speedo for sub-30 lbs boost as fast as it does now.

Found several things that left me scratching my head a little. Threads on the oil pressure sender on the reservoir were nearly completely stripped out... not sure how that sender stayed put. Couple piston pin circlips were 'sideways,' although I'm not sure the RPMs would ever be high enough to bother that. The dipstick holder in the pan, even though I replaced the o-ring while the engine was still in the truck earlier and it sealed well, I found that the o-ring was infact not entirely seated properly.

All in all seemed like a success. I'm really glad I have the know-how and resources to accomplish a task like this myself(with help pulling and dropping the engine back on the mounts.