Thread: Aaannnddd POP!
View Single Post
Old Thu, June 9th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Sure Dave, few reasons I went down in turbo size was that I did miss the quicker spool up of a smaller turbo. I didn't get a lot of 'tune-time' with the 76mm turbo and I probably could have helped that, but even with a well controlled skinny pedal it really needed some RPMs to spool decent. Another reason is the local truck/tractor pull organization is 2.8 limit for street diesels. Not sure I'll be doing it but it's an itch I'd like to scratch, lol, and if I did I'd like to be legal for prizes(ok, maybe that's high expectations)

Here's a video of a no-very low boost 20mph roll on throttle with VERY little smoke and I never pushed past 30psi boost. Of the short clip on the speedo, I think 50-65 is the fastest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeVwuYX0NvM

Here's a side by side of the turbine housings, sledgehammer to stock H2E on the right.

Last edited by F-127; Thu, June 9th, 2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: youtube embedding doesn't seem to be working, using linky instead