View Single Post
Old Sun, November 6th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Whopper

Face Down is on a distinguished road
Help GRYPHON™ CTS for 6.0 w/ EGR Delete ??'s

Ok....so I have done lots of reading on my "new to me" 2006 6.0 and just have a couple more questions before I place an order. My new truck is bone stock and probably showing signs of the normal problems associated with the 6.0's. First order of business is to do a EGR delete and while we have it all torn apart add a 4" Turbo Back Exhaust and replace the oil cooler...button everything up with a coolant flush. So I know I need a programmer to clear the CEL due to the EGR delete and I know I need some gauges to monitor my EOT's, ECT's and EGT's. The CTS seems to be the obivious choice but I have read that lots of people perfer SCT X3's for 6.0 programming and a CTS Insight for monitoring. I have even had someone tell me that the CTS will not clear a EGR delete CEL. So I am a little confused as there is so much information out the on the 6.0's

As far as tuning the only thing I am interested in is a little more power, better MPG and a solid towing tune for my 8000# camper that might be replaced by a 10-11k one in the future. I have no need for a aggressive race tune...not how I drive and I might like it too much if I have one!

I know you guys sell both the CTS and the X3, what are your recommendations? Could you also list what tunes you would think I would need and if those tunes are "custom" and would cost more when I order.

I found your website from other forums and after reading your "Letter to Customers" and your history I really feel like PHP is a place that I would love to do business with! Thanks for your help in advance!!

Last edited by Face Down; Sun, November 6th, 2011 at 10:14 PM.