View Single Post
Old Tue, April 5th, 2011, 04:22 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by str088 View Post
I was just wondering what gains have you guys seen in your vehicles performance ever since you guys have installed the programmer? I also have a cai installed in my truck and just wanted to know if anyone else has this and does the tuner compliment it very well, as in do they improve the performance of the vehicle better together as opposed to having one over the other. I know that the tuner helps solve the lean problem that the truck has, but disregard that. And does the tuner change the sound of the truck? Thanks for the replies in advance.
A programmer won't change the sound, except for possibly eliminating the terrible "drone" some CAI's produce.

The big issue is, that Bill can't really tune the truck to make the CAI an "additive" feature, performance wise. The CAI introduces so many negative issues, that Bill has to take care of them and that involves "de-tuning" to a certain extent.

The better approach is to use your CAI as a rain gutter downspout extension on your house and perform the "Gotts Mod" change to your OEM CAI. (Yes, the OEM intake IS a true CAI, with a restricted inlet. Most aftermarket CAI's are really WAIs, Warm Air Intakes, since they position the inlet in the engine compartment.)

Gains? Well, I have much improved shifting while passing. It feels like I have more low end power and, I am getting better gas mileage.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer