Thread: Ebay EGR Delete
View Single Post
Old Sat, October 30th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Double Whopper

ssredrino is on a distinguished road
Default egr delete

majek5,

by far i am no diesel mechanic but after all my research and calling my diesel guy he said basically they are all the same,

i got a b&d kit for mine with the stainless up pipe and make sure the kit has the blue connection hose.

03 will not throw a code some 04's will throw a code and any year above that will throw a code from all my reading the truck will run fine with the code but you will not pass state emissions tests.

some guys in cally just block off the egr and leave the egr valve dangling plugged in and then pop the egr valve back into the manifold for emissions testing.

if you do a full egr delete from what i can tell bill can write a program to take care of the cel.

as far as a whole new intake, well it depends on what you want. i could not justify the extra cash.

hope this helps, bill and cody are very busy and it is extremely hard to reach php by phone or email so please be very patient with them they just got done with dyno days and i am sure that put them a little behind, every one in here will give you the best advice possible as we all join the php family, personally i can not wait and my patients is getting a a little thin due to not knowing any thing and waiting????

php should have some kind of automatic email that says your email has been received and we will get back with you soon.

but they are providing one hell of a service for us and we thank them for all there hard work and patients with us as well

the forum has lots of info in it spend some time here. i spent 2 months reading before i made my order.

ssredrino

ps. the ebay listing should work just fine. same thing as b&d

Last edited by ssredrino; Sat, October 30th, 2010 at 05:28 AM. Reason: added info