View Single Post
Old Tue, June 5th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Red Bull Junkie!

IdahoF350 is on a distinguished road
Default ECM/FICM Roll Back and FICM tunes

I'm actually in Southern California. Had planned to move to Idaho, and bought the truck there, then the economy slapped me square in the face and left me stuck here.

The engine in my truck is currently suffering from a nasty valvetrain tick after its second set of head gaskets. Rather than spend the time and money on yet another repair, I have a sound replacement engine on its way. It's very complete with a spare FICM, injectors and turbo, so I'll have parts to play with without the concern of down time.

I used to be that guy who would build it up for big power, put it on kill, and rip on the truck. But the older I get, the less I care for that route. If I knew unequivocally that I could do a relatively smoke free tune with 155cc injectors and one of these hybrid "DuraStroke" turbos, and make 350-375rwhp by 3000rpm and 750-800rwtq in the 1600-2000rpm range, I'd be all over it though.

Is the new software for tuning the 6.0 going to offer the same kind of range of adjustability as I'm used to with the SCT software or will it be more "novice" oriented?

Wounded 6.0L (about to be replaced), ZF 6S-650 6-Speed Manual, 3.73:1 Gears
Mods: 4.5" Lift, 35s, 5" Stacks, just a touch of redneck style!