View Single Post
Old Wed, March 10th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Whopper

Roller is on a distinguished road

I joined this forum solely to reply to this thread. I have an 07 STX 4.6L and I am in the exact same boat as DarkShadowSTX. I get the same error code. It always happens right off the line from a dead stop. Warm or cold, doesn't make a difference. All of the custom tunes with the Evo also make the gas pedal super sensitive. Just the slightest movement makes the truck lurch forward.

For the fun details...I used the 93/performance tune for several months and did my best to avoid the error code by babying the throttle off the line. Once off the line I have no worries and therein developed the real problems. At 18,000 miles I had to get an entirely new transmission. It started with a whine sound coming from the rear end then a few weeks later the transmission light lit up on the dash. Put it back to stock, removed the pod and took it in to the stealership where they reported back that the bearings were compacted and the entire tranny was shot. They replaced it free o' charge with my warranty but now I am VERY hesitant to tune it again. As it is now the Evo is simply a digital monitor on my dashboard.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, when I tuned it to 93/performance I had all kinds of problems with the P061F error. One thing that seemed to help was resetting all the sensor parameters by unhooking the battery for 10 minutes or so. It seemed like it helped but it still produced the error every now and again, just not as often. I have talked to a lot of people(mechanics, car nuts, etc.) but none have solved the issue as far as the error and gas pedal sensitivity go.