View Single Post
Old Tue, July 12th, 2011, 08:52 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZFX4 View Post
I've talked to a few guys, all who have programmers, and have passed emissions with their truck tuned. Neither have a Gryphon but custom tunes nonless. They all advised me to return to stock and disconnect battery and start over. They suggest something isn't right after 500+ miles it's the same. So I'm all for trying it..

It almost locked up AGAIN. It glitched at the end of everything and was stuck on turn truck off and back on. Luckily when I unplugged it, it showed a fail and let me retry and successfully returned to stock. Could it be my Gryphon has a problem also? Since the last 2 out of 3 times changing levels it has locked itself?

And JackandJanet, thanks. Any idea what my choices will be if I don't pass? I know I can get a 30 day perment and be safe and keep trying to pass.. but if I don't What do I do?
There ARE shops that will fix your truck so it will "pass" and then you bring it back so they can "make it run right" (put it back the way it was). I would not go to them. They set up camp right beside the emissions stations.

A reputable dealer could fix the problem. You would want it tuned to stock before taking it there though and neither of these approaches is not likely to be cheap.

I honestly think there IS a sensor problem in your truck, and that kind of thing is best fixed at a reputable shop (most dealerships really are, in spite of the bad press they get). But, I am very reluctant to tell you to go back to the stock tune until Bill has had a chance to look at this.

If he doesn't get with you soon (in a day) let me know, either in this thread or in a PM. I have another way to get his attention and will use it if needed. I see, Ryan, that your User Profile is up to date, so they should be able to use that information to double check your tunes for problems. But, could you add a telephone number to your details there? Bill does not hesitate to call when there are issues.
- Jack