View Single Post
Old Thu, May 3rd, 2012, 09:23 AM
God & Guns

rammertide07 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdpower View Post
his truck would probably have a cat and gpcm if it was a cali truck. It doesn't matter what you shut the truck down in and remove the chip. Just don't want the keys in the ing. As far as getting another tune when removing the chip go for it..lol.
Thanks. I know there wont be a tune when I remove the chip. I would just remove the chip for diagnostic purposes. I read somewhere that they suggest having a stock position on the chip so you could flip it there when you need to do diagnostics. I never really thought about it until I saw that individual with no stock setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
If there is a Glow Plug Control Module (GPCM... It's a little aluminum box with 2 square plugs on it) on the passenger valve cover, it's a California truck. If there are two Glow Plug Relays (they look like starter solenoids, with one actually being used for the Air Intake Heater) then it's a 49 State truck.

When you order an FU kit, you have the choice of what files to put on the chip. You can always remove the chip from the ECM to go back to stock, just make sure the key is in your pocket or in the back seat. That's the only safe place for it!

10-4, I remeber you telling me to just make sure the key was out when you was putting the chip back in after you re-burned it. I use to go through the trouble of removing the + bettery cables before messing with it.

I may just have my chip reburned for him and I get the FU. He's not really all into tuning trucks. He just had the superchips added because he said his truck felt more sluggish after Ford put in the gray CPS.
01 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/3.73/315-75-16/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/4" turbo back exhaust/CCV Mod/DIY 6637/FPR Shimmed to 65 PSI/TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40T WITH Whsiper tune, 80DD, 100R, 140Ex, 140SS)/Replaced and Cleaned EBPS & Tube 4-6-12/Zoodad mod/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Cowl Hood/HPx

Last edited by rammertide07; Thu, May 3rd, 2012 at 09:40 AM.