View Single Post
Old Tue, September 7th, 2021, 09:27 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Thank you for the feedback. It's super helpful! Let's see if I can satisfactorily address the comments.

First, the cackle you're experiencing may very well be from residual air in the HPO rails. This would also contribute to the slow starting. I would suggest parking on a slight incline, pulling the ICP sensor on the driver's side head, and letting the system "burp". You may even try pouring just a touch of oil in the ICP port to top it off. If you're feeling froggy, you can do the passenger side as well by pulling the forward plug. This should help more quickly alleviate those issues.

As you have surmised, I toned down the fueling a little bit to address your earlier concerns of smokiness and rapid EGT rise. The higher power levels (6 & 7) should still provide a more aggressive fuel curve, if you should so desire to venture into that area. Otherwise, it's running pretty much the way I would have expected.

The only real concern at this point is the loping as you return to idle. This is often caused be a certain amount of gain being applied to the IPR control in order to achieve the ICP desired. Under load, the gain will offset the IPR a specific amount and when you return to idle, the computer need to work the gain back out. This causes that lope you're experiencing. This is indicative of weak HPOP and I would say that once you replace the HPOP, this issue should resolve itself.

We very glad that you are enjoying the setup. The pictures a cool. I really like the plenums you installed. Gives it a nice, clean look.

Keep us posted on further developments. :-)

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!