View Single Post
Old Tue, April 26th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSur View Post
Just looking for some quick advice here. I'm about 1 week from purchasing a brand new camper I'm upgrading from a small Jayco popup to a 26' Jayco travel trailer. "Dry weight" on the camper is about 4,800 lbs....I'm assuming I'll be closer to 5300 lbs once loaded.

My plan is to run on the stock 87 tow tune for now. Is that a good decision? What advantages will I see with a custom tow tune???

Any help is always appreciated. Thanks in advance Jack

P.S. On another note, I had a complete brain fart tonight.....removed the Gryphon w/out returning back to stock, and tried to update my tunes. Yes, I'm an idiot....I've read and been told a MILLION times not to do that. Luckily, all that happened was Pegasus said "can not update til you return to stock". SO...I reinstalled, switched to stock, and successfully completed the updates. I haven't reinstalled the unit as of yet but I think all is well. Do you think I'm okay here.....other than the red spot on my left cheek from left hooking myself?
Lucky guy... Because you had the most up to date pegasus installed you should be ok, it knew that you still had your truck tuned so it wouldnt touch anything in the Gryphon.
A custom tow tune will take into account the extra weight that you are adding as well as your driving style and where you live. the canned tow tune will work until you get the custom one loaded, but I still think you will like, and your truck will like, the custom one better than a canned tune.