View Single Post
Old Fri, April 9th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Double Whopper

bsdracing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
BSD,

I got your e-mail yesterday but haven't had a chance to respond to it yet. If you'd like to get the 3-day temp license, I'll be happy to set you up. Keep in mind that the temp license doesn't come with a diesel strategy, it comes with an older ('96) Mustang strategy. This is just to help get a feel for the software and the interface.

In regards to the diesel strategies, there are no limitations in the software. This means that is you push something to far (for instance, too much Start of Injection timing) you could very easily damage your engine. The same goes for the transmission. Using the tuning software requires that you have a solid foundation in fundamental combustion processes and more specifically, diesel combustion. If you are at all concerned about your tuning capabilities, then you may want not want to get into something this flexible.

If you'd like to discuss this further, I'll be in the office between 12:00 and 5:00 today and would be happy to explain the software.

Take care.
Yeah that would be great I somehow screwed up my password last night for my email so I will have to try everything over the phone and yes I completely understand I could mess stuff up and I know alot about diesels I have built my own compound set ups and built my own motors rebuilt manual transes and T-cases Im just sick of every time I want to try something else I have to send out my chip or programmer and have someone else play the trial and error game when I can vary well do the same thing myself with some practice. I will be calling from a 630 317 number to order and get that code from you. thanks and look forward to working more with you guys on the forum.
Russell