View Single Post
Old Wed, January 13th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTX View Post
Man, my truck is still slooooooooooooowwwww...... I did a 0-60 run on 93 octane tune and got a 9.24. I have to try this again, can't be the best it can do. I ran a 1/4 too, but was watching for traffic coming up behind me and missed the green light, started with a reaction time of 1.33 ran a 17.0 @ 85 mph. My mom's Chevette ran better than that. Needless to say, I will definitely have to run it again. However, I can say that it certainly is running a hell of a lot stronger than it did stock and is stronger than the 87 performance I had done too. I just hate to think how slow it would have run stock, since it feels like you're pulling stumps on stock tuning.
However, I can say the average gas mileage on the Gryphon is showing a +1 MPG increase over the Edge tuning; and that is with the runs I made and a fair amount of stop and go driving, jumping on the gas a fair bit.
Nice little update-
I ran it again now that we are "enjoying" winter weather..... Yes, I'm being sarcastic..... and my 1/4 mile time dropped by a full second. I guess dropping about 70 degrees in intake air temps. makes a nice difference, even if you can't feel it. BTW, this time was with some wheel spin too, which was nonexistent on my previous 1/4 time.
Now if there was a way to keep these temps in the single digit range during the summer......

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.