Thread: spikes in maps
View Single Post
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Bacon King

GTS is on a distinguished road
Default spikes in maps

So looking through some of the maps I see there are some spikes in some of the graphs that really make me wonder if they are supposed to be like that or not. I just don't get how you would be going smooth then all of a sudden max out a value then back to the previous curve in a couple hundred rpm. For example my Inferred Throttle Position map, the verticle incriments sem to represent Throttle A/D counts, the incriments on the bottom left appear to be engine RPM and the ones on the right bottom appear to be MFD. On the lowest MFD line if you follow it along the RPM side it curves upsomewhat gradually to peak at 1024 A/D counts at 2500 rpm then drops back down to almost 0 A/D counts up to about 3800 rpm then spikes back up to 1024 A/D counts.

On my torque table it appears that FT/LBS is the verticle axis, the lower right is RPM and I have no idea what the other is. Anyway right at 1400 rpm the tq drops to 0 along that whole lower left axis then spikes right back up again. I can't imagine why this would spike down like that at 1400rpm. Is this correct or should these be more of a smooth transition?