View Single Post
Old Tue, July 26th, 2011, 09:24 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I highly doubt that it's a transmission issue. It's probably more of a shift pattern related concern than anything else. Does this odd shifting occur when the engine is cold? Hot? Moderate acceleration? Hard acceleration? I'd be inclined to think that it is probably just situation where the converter lock strategy might be close to the regular shift which causes the converter to engage at roughly the same time as the shift. It cold also be offsets based on the cold shift strategy.

First thing to check is your tranny fluid. Is it unusually high? Normally you'll be between 160 and 180 under normal driving situation. Again, I doubt you'll find anything unusual but it doesn't hurt to check.

If you can let me know which tune(s) are experiencing the problem and anything you else you can add about when they occur (vehicle speed, throttle, temp), I can look for strategy related issues.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!