View Single Post
Old Wed, August 11th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I am not the most knowledgable in this subject, but I think I can help a little.
1. the power gained by programming the 09-10 F-150 is going to be about the same, and maybe just a little more than the 04-08. this is because it is basically the same engine with a little different stock tuning, and from what I understand it is a different transmission(Dont quote me on that).
2. Currently the main programmer that PHP sells for gas vehicles is not available for the 09-10 because the main distributor, Edge performance, has not realeased it to them. they do sell a different one that does not include the display like the Gryphon, the XCAL3 that you mentioned, but other than that it would be the same programming. These are going to provide the same power/mileage gains as the Gryphon.
3. A thing about dyno runs is that they are all subjective to altitude, air density, temperature, other A/M mods, and therefore what you see on one might show something different the next day, or even a few hours later. I have not seen any yet, so IDK if anyone with the XCAL3 has done one yet. A member of the forum, martinolead i think is his name, has the XCAL3 with his 09 and he couldnt be happier. He has posted some of his gains that he has seen on other threads, I believe he has gotten 1-2 mpg better and hasnt dyno'd his truck so he doesnt know about HP gains.

I hope I helped some without causing too many more questions

Edit: his name is Martinoledad and I bet he is willing to answer any question you have of him

Last edited by ticopowell; Wed, August 11th, 2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: wrong name of forum member