View Single Post
Old Fri, May 15th, 2009, 10:03 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux View Post
I have not received my custom tunes yet, but decided to try and set up my truck on the tow tune. Everything seems to work till it gets to the end and is doing a checksum?? Then I get a error message F1, This vehicals calibration is not yet supported. Any ideas? I also tryed to add my HEX to my user CP. I can not enter it all which has me wondering. My hex is MMAHONTONT..H Does that look legit?? Thats what it gives me.
No, that HEX doesn't look right at all. Mine looks like this: "RXCM5E4.HEX" and the UserCP input window wants only the characters BEFORE the decimal. I'm certain there should be exactly seven of them. You get the HEX code, also known as Calibration Code, by going to Diagnostics->Version Info on the Gryphon. Ignore the "warning message".

The F1 error you're getting usually comes from trying to use Custom Options. The procedure for that, when it happens, is to unplug the Gryphon, turn the ignition key on, plug the Gryphon back in and wait 15 seconds before doing anything else.

Since this is the first time you are trying to program to a "Performance Level", skip the "Custom Options" menu completely. This allows the Gryphon to construct base files it needs for future work.

Let me know if this helps or not. We may have to bring Bill into it (but I hope not).

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer