View Single Post
Old Tue, November 3rd, 2009, 05:06 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-One-Fiddy View Post
Once I noticed the display screen had went blank on me (and after reading a former post on here about bad cables) I wanted to immediately switch back to factory settings to keep me from being stuck with a truck programmed by an unresponsive edge.

It looks as if the cable was pinched in the pod and eventually wore through after ~8 months of vibration. I will contact edge tonight to discuss a new cable and other possible causes.

As for the engine...The cranking is the only problem (known as of right now). After the engine starts up, all the gauge needles remain in the pre-ignition position (all on the left side of the gauges in what would be the off position). The needles on all the gauges shake (vibrate slightly is a better description) for about 5-6 seconds after startup, then all come to life and all is fine until I have to restart the truck again. Then the whole procedure starts again.

The truck runs normal, but there is obviously an underlying problem here.
Thanks for the help so far...
I agree, there's an underlying problem and none of us are smart enough to figure it out! I'd think a corrupted tune would effect more than starting. And, what you describe DOES NOT quite sound like a weak battery, unless the cranking seems slow, does it? If it does, get the battery load tested.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer