View Single Post
Old Mon, April 23rd, 2012, 11:27 PM
Double Whopper

PerpetualSeanX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Aren't you also a member on F150online? Just ask if you can borrow somebody's tool set. I'd also ask local auto parts stores to see if they'll rent them. I've seen some write-ups where they spent a bunch of time and got them out carefully. Spark plugs are relatively easy...can't say they are easy because I built a bike that just about beats all on ease.

Run techron or chemtool, they contain solvents like toluene and xylene that chemically break down carbon deposits more effectively. Seafoam does not, the only solvent it has is naptha (25-35%). The rest is pale oil for lubrication (40-60%) and 10-20% isopropyl alcohol to draw out water.
Lol, bikes suck! No doubt. Guess I screwed the pouch. A buddy told me the seafoam stuff was good, I had heard it en passe occasionally as well, so I figured what the hell. I'll pick some of the techron or chemtool up tomorrow and run that next tank. Thanks for the protip, Longshot.

My best friend works at my local ford dealership. He's got a tech there that may be able to hook me up, so I'm holding off until I hear from him.