View Single Post
Old Wed, September 14th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Bacon King

str088 is on a distinguished road

That's awesome! Yeah I'm most likely going to end up installing it myself, with my girl's step-dad because he's a mechanic. Just wanted to see how much just in case I got lazy.

Both of you're trucks look awesome and I'm settling more on the 2.5", and I think I'll go with the steel spacers that you just mount on top of the strut. I was wondering if you guys know if there is a difference between the materials, I guess there is a polymer and steel kind? Was just wondering which would you guys prefer? I've talked to a guy at my work who had a leveling kit and he said the steel kind is the way to go and that the other stuff makes a squealing sound after awhile. Is that true?

I see, about the airbags I won't be getting that then haha. Don't want to do too much on the truck, just want to lessen the factory rake. From you guys' experience and from what you've heard are there any downsides to putting on a leveling kit? Any extra maintenance? I'm getting extra money from the army and hopefully am able to install the leveling kit soon. Any reputable brands I should shop for? Thanks again for you guys' help its very much appreciated.