View Single Post
Old Thu, March 22nd, 2012, 02:50 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Eric,

If the truck is a 1999 to 2001 Automatic, it should NOT have come with a catalytic converter on it so you wouldn't need one to pass emissions. Since your emissions codes did not include DC or DOC, the emissions guy can stick the whole catalytic converter garbage up his butt. Honestly, go find someplace else to take your truck for testing. I think this guy was just being a prick. You shouldn't have any problem passing emissions with Stage 2 Single injectors, and we've got a number of customers in Calif. that pass without problem.

As to the reflash, if you did have the ECM reflashed you would NOT need to change the chip. The chip overrides the ECM strategy and would ignore whatever strategy the ECM is programmed to.

Unfortunately, we will be out of the office all next week. If worse comes to worse, you are usually able to apply for an emissions extension which allows you something like 30 days to get the vehicle repaired. You'll have to check with your local tag agency to determine what the eligibility requirements are.

I'll be happy to give you a shout in the morning as soon as we get back from Corey's Dr. appointment.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!