View Single Post
Old Thu, May 27th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Jack, from my time at Jaguar, which used an antiquated Ford program according to one of the techs, it can sometimes take a prolonged period of time to reset everything. Some vehicles may be more touchy than others for some reason. It even presented such a problem at times they stuck lot boys into the cars and had them drive it and periodically stop back in service to see if everything reset yet, and if not, back on the road they went to drive it some more.

I have taken mine in on level 3 and just unplugged the Gryphon, placing the cable out of the way before handing over the keys to service. So far I have not had any issues here.

I would suggest that anyone going in where the OBD system is connected to, make sure well in advance that there are no codes stored. Like you suggested previously, doing so a week in advance is probably a good idea to do this too.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.