View Single Post
Old Sat, December 26th, 2009, 09:59 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertrucker View Post
Bill,

first post from a newbie. I have a 1990 F250 4x4,7.5l, 5 speed zf,4:10 gears on 44TSL's, a mud truck. Engine mods consist of Hedman Headers,Underdrive pulleys, K and N air filter, BBK adjustable fuel pressure regulator (set at 41 lbs), a custom 3 inch plenum spacer, a 1 inch throttle body spacer, and timing set at 14 degrees. I have done an EGR and Smog pump delete as well. My question is would any of my mods conflict with the programing in the Pegasis Chip? I don't have the ECU part number in front of me, but I can get it no prob. The truck runs good, but I notice a miss under highway driving conditions (EGR delete?) and I tend to bounce of the rev limiter while racing in the mud. I would love to eliminate those two problems, and i would love an all out race setting for more power while mud racing. Is any of this stuff possible?

Richard Scott
staff of www.monsterphotos.com
I'm not Bill, but I might be able to help.

The modifications will only be helped by some custom tuning. The EEC-4 PCMs are pretty brain dead and don't know much...especially the older speed density ones.

I'll say that the only real problems caused by any of your modifications come from the increased fuel pressure and the headers. The plenum spacer and throttle body spacer aren't doing anything in the way of engine breathing so those don't hurt your drivability.

The EGR delete isn't going to cause a miss. It can cause detonation. Again, your PCM is pretty clueless so it doesn't even have a knock sensor.

As far as the rev limiter goes, it can be taken care of pretty easily but don't expect to gain much as the 460 in stock trim is pretty well out of steam by 3500 RPM anyway (I have dyno charts to prove it).