Thread: Lean 05 f150?
View Single Post
Old Thu, November 19th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Whopper

GlennD is on a distinguished road
Default Lean 05 f150?

Hi guys, first time poster here..
I have an 05 f150 5.4 with a K&N FIPK CAI and a Magnaflow cat back. I recently picked up a older used Evo (manufactured 12/05). I have updated it via the lightning sw to the 03/09 release. I have been running it at lvl 2 (towing) for everyday use. I've noticed decent gains in hp and tq but i know the edge can't compensate for the additional airflow.

I've yet to throw any codes, but when i display the actual rail pressure against the desired rail pressure, I see some (what appears to me to be) significant differences. Actual rail pressure displays from 38-41 and is fairly consistant, while the desired idles at around 66 and peaks at 174 under heave acceleration. I called Edge and asked them about it, and they said "as long as you aren't throwing codes, it's ok". I am a little trepedatious about running just rich enough to not throw a lean code.

I'm sure you guys have a lot of experience with this particular f150 scenario, and would appreciate any advice/comments on whether and upgrade is necessary

thanks in advance