View Single Post
Old Fri, May 25th, 2012, 10:42 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

My advice is, don't set the cruise control that way. It appears the transmission is shifting into overdrive at the exact instant the PCM is attempting to set the fuel and torque converter to hold the current speed. My feeling is the PCM is getting conflicting signals from the speed sensor and engine load. I'd let the speed stabilize, and allow the transmission to shift into overdrive before "setting" the cruise speed.

It's possible that this is something Bill can fix in your tune, but I doubt it's really needed. Since a tune has less "slop" than the stock tune, it's possible the transmission is not fighting with the cruise control in the stock setting.

I'm doing a lot of guessing here though and Bill might have much better ideas. Still, it doesn't sound like what you are experiencing is dangerous to the transmission.

- Jack