Thread: Opinions
View Single Post
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:46 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I think I'm going to take the other side here. You really don't owe that much on the bike and it's brand new (almost). The GT, while "clean" is 14 yrs old (probably worth less than $2000 if it were totaled in a collision) and at 117K miles is at an age where things start to need replacement on a regular basis.

Personally, I think the guy with the GT is getting a screaming good deal on this and you're not. Have you looked at Blue Book values on these machines? I just did a VERY quick search and found two 2006 883Cs being offered in the $6000.00 price range. I looked at Blu Book values for 1995 GTs in excellent condition with that mileage, and without knowing anything about "features" on it, found the "excellent" private party sale price is $3,590.

Could you sell the bike yourself, for cash maybe? You don't really need a third vehicle, do you? Here at DM, we've got a used vehicle lot where people can sell their cars, trailers, RVs, whatever. I've used it twice and gotten Kelly Blue Book value each time.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer